The Girl from Plainville, an adaptation of the Michelle Carter case airing on Hulu, is gearing up to air its penultimate episode, and viewers want to know more about the show’s protagonist, Susie Pierce, and the real-life friend of Carter on whom she is based.
In addition to an episode guide for the Hulu series, we provide background information on the character of Alice Felzmann and her role in Michelle Carter’s case.
Hulu’s original film The Girl from Plainville, directed by Elle Fanning and written by Liz Hannah and Patrick Macmanus, follows the story of the relationship between Conrad Roy and his lover, Michelle Carter, leading up to her involuntary manslaughter conviction.
Who is this Alice Felzmann supposedly living in Massachusetts?
Alice Felzmann, a real-life girl from Bellingham, Massachusetts, met Michelle Carter in the summer of 2012 and the two quickly fell in love.
Despite the fact that Felzmann’s mother did not approve of Carter, the two became close friends on the softball field, as reported by Esquire via Bustle.
Felzmann’s mother told her daughter to cut off all communication with Carter when she saw how close they had grown and how Carter had “latched on” to her.
According to journalist Jesse Barron, Carter allegedly sent Felzmann love notes, which Esquire uses as evidence that the two may have had romantic feelings for one another.
Is Susie Pierce in The Girl from Plainville Inspired by Alice Felzmann ?
The fictional character Susie Pierce in The Girl from Plainville was inspired by Alice Felzmann.
Like Carter and Felzmann in real life, Pearl Amanda Dickson’s Susie develops a strong friendship with Elle Fanning’s Michelle Carter in the show.
Just like Felzmann’s mom persuaded Alice to cut connections with Carter, Susie’s mom makes them both break up after romance rumours start spreading.
Number of Episodes in Season One of “The Girl from Plainville”
The Girl from Plainville’s first season on Hulu consists of eight episodes.
Please note the following episode titles and air times for your scheduling convenience:
- Tuesday, March 29, 2022: Part 1 of “Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Such Matters”
- Part two TURTLE Airing march 29th, 2022
- On March 29, 2022, episode three of “Never Have I Ever” will air.
- Its fourth episode, “Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore,” will premiere on April 5, 2022.
- Mirrorball, Part 5 Airs on April 12, 2022.
- Season 6, Episode 6: Talking Is Healing premieres on Tuesday, April 19, 2022.
- TBA (Tuesday, April 26, 2022): Teenage Dirtbag.
- This is the eighth episode, titled “Blank Spaces,” and it will air on Tuesday, May 3, 2022.
Also check Generation Gap season 2: Is it renewed, cancelled,release date