Are you having trouble connecting Spectrum remote to your TV by yourself after getting Spectrum premier TV service? Well, the simplest way to do it is by using the instructions provided in the Spectrum Guide as it detects your TV brand automatically. Once the TV brand has been detected, follow the guided steps to complete the setup. Assuming it does not work for you, here are a few different ways you can try to connect your Spectrum Remote to the TV.
The Auto-Search Method
This is another easy way to connect the Spectrum remote to your TV.
- Turn on your TV.
- Look for the buttons labeled ‘Ok’ and ‘Menu’ on the Spectrum remote.
- Press and hold both buttons at the same time and wait for the ‘Input’ button to blink twice.
- Now press the ‘Power’ button on your TV. (Note: you should see the input button lighting up solid.)
- Point the Spectrum remote directly at your TV.
- Look for the ‘Up’ arrow on the remote then press and hold this button till the device gets powered off.
This should connect your remote to the TV.
Set Up Using Radio Frequency
In case the first didn’t work, you can try this one. Follow these steps to complete the setup:
- Look for the ‘Menu’ button on the remote and press it once.
- A window should come up on the TV. Go to the option labeled ‘Settings & Support’ and press the ‘Support’ option.
- You should see some options on the screen. Select the option that says ‘Remote Control’.
- It should show you further options. Search for the one named ‘RF Pair New Remote’ and select it.
- Now, just follow the given instructions as they appear on your TV screen.
Pairing Via Remote Setup Codes
If neither of these methods helped, you can choose to set up your remote using the codes mentioned in the list.
|TV Brands||Corresponding Codes|
|Insignia||12049, 11423, 11564, 10171, 10463, 11204, 11326, 11385, 11517, 11641, 11660, 11892, 11963, 12417, 12751|
|JVC||10650, 11774, 10463, 11923, 12321, 13393|
|LG||11423, 10178, 10017, 10442, 12864, 12867|
|Magnavox||11454, 12597, 10051, 10802, 11198, 11365, 11913, 11963, 11990, 13623|
|Mitsubishi||11250, 10178, 10150, 11797|
|Philips||11867, 11454, 12597, 11394, 10171, 12622, 13623|
|Samsung||12051, 10650, 10178, 10060, 10766, 10814, 11959, 13993|
|Sharp||12360, 12402, 13867|
|Toshiba||11524, 10156, 10650, 10060, 10154, 11343, 11369, 11704, 11935, 11959, 12684|
|Vizio||11758, 12707, 10864, 11756, 10885|
|Westinghouse||11712, 13470, 13579, 12397, 10451, 10885, 10890, 11282, 12293, 13094, 13382, 13908|
|Zenith||11423, 10178, 10017, 10463, 11661, 11365|
Use these instructions and add the corresponding code to connect the Spectrum remote to your TV.
- Switch on your TV.
- Look for the ‘Ok’ and the ‘Menu’ buttons on your remote.
- Press and hold these buttons at the same time and you should see the ‘Input’ key blink twice.
- Once that happens, enter the code that corresponds to your TV brand from the given list.
- If the ‘Input’ key blinks twice after you add the code, it means the code is confirmed.
- You can test the remote by increasing or decreasing the TV volume. If the remote response to all power functions, then the setup is done.
If the keys still don’t work then, you should repeat the process starting at step 2 until the remote becomes fully functional.
TV streaming becomes faster and much easier when you use Spectrum Internet to connect your devices. Once the remote is paired, you can watch your loved shows any time you want.